Hello, do you want to make a splash in your home, office or boat. Think glass. The exciting and effective medium to make your personal statement about your lifestyle.
There is an extensive palette of colours and finishes to allow your imagination free reign to complete your project in your unique style. See our gallery of actual clients projects taken by us not at photo shoots. From metallic to mirrors, or even your favourite photo: the choice is almost as wide as your dreams.
All our painted and printed splash backs are made from Optiwhite™ glass this makes the colour you choose virtually unaffected when looking through it. Also all our painted and printed splash backs are toughened glass which makes them 5 times stronger than standard glass with the benefit of being heat resistant, and when any sockets are being tightened back the glass will not break or crack under reasonable load.
Why contact us? Because we will be delighted to bring all of this together to create the “look” you want.
Servicing the whole of England and Wales, don’t let your location deter you from having the kitchen of your dreams!
How Does It Work?
With flat colours your choice is literally unlimited, we use a Dulux™ paint mixing machine so every colour is available, and as the glass is optiwhite™ there is hardly any change when it is behind the glass. Either way we would send out a sample to you for a small fee, if required, to confirm before we go into production. Or alternatively choose a colour from our standard range. Matt finishes of all the colours are also available by having the surface of the glass frosted, this has the effect of making the glass softer looking. We do not recommend matt finish in a kitchen or bathroom as they are more prone to marking and are less easy to clean.
We have a range of metallic colours which add hidden depth to the project and provide a neutral background for any accessories you wish to display.
These provide a fantastic colour or shade during the day but really come alive under lighting or at night as you move through the room. In particular the rainbow sparkle can be added to any flat colour to increase its presence and catch the eye of unsuspecting visitors.
Our mirrors come in three shades: Normal Silver Mirror, Bronze Mirror & Grey Mirror none of which are toughened glass. The coloured mirror can add a real depth of room. Silver mirror is available up to 3900mm long and both bronze and grey mirror 3200mm long.
Toughened Antique finished mirror is also available, and is available in three finishes. Antique, Special Antique & Heavy Sparkle Antique. These are unique individual finish and are not a consistent pattern. Prices on request.
- Measure one panel at a time.
- Choose the glass colour
- Measure its full maximum height before full maximum width max overall size 4m sq. (Glass can be less than 250mm high and less than 400mm wide but is the same cost.)
- Add how many large cut-outs see diagram for examples
- Add how many pelmet and small notches there are
- Add how many socket cut-outs there are single or double etc
- Add how many holes there are (i.e behind a cooker hood)
- Add a hood shape cost in if going below a shaped cooker hood
- Add to basket
- Measure next panel if required and add to basket
- Delivery price by TNT POA
Please note max width is 3600mm for glass lengths between 3600-4000mm POA
Click on the button below to download a template for measuring up your space.
- Dimensions for square panels with no cut-outs.
- Detailed diagrams for any glass that requires cut-outs
- Or please see our templating and fitting service details
- Once we have received the deposit the glass on average takes about 10 working days to be delivered, this includes water cutting where required, polishing edges, toughening, cleaning painting or printing, kiln drying wrapping and shipping.
Detailed diagrams will require the following:
- Width allowing for 1mm tolerance for cutting
- Height allowing for 1mm tolerance for cutting
- Each socket position start and finish of a cut-out dimensions
- Each hole requires centre point dimensions
- Each cut-out needs dimensions
- You will need to allow for internal corners to have a 6mm radius, as you cannot cut the glass square
- You will need to allow 2mm at each end adjacent to wall and units
- You will need to make allowances to overlaps in corners
- Only supplied silicone should be used
- Do not assume the worktop is level when measuring
- The glass cannot be adjusted once made as it is toughened after we cut it to your sizes
- You are responsible for all dimensions and the ability of installing yourself
Prices for templating and fitting are banded on area so please include your project postcode when asking for a quote.
For templated and fitted projects £150 non refundable deposit is required before templating, on completion of templating the balance of the deposit will be required this being 75% of the project less £150 already paid. Leaving the 25% outstanding which becomes due on completion.
Why choose A Splash of Glass for your glass splashback?
Unlimited colours and styles to choose from
Super easy to clean
Toughened glass for strength a durability
Custom cut glass to perfectly fit any space
Professional installation service